Many times we overlook some simple things we can do to increase our Brothers’ participation in lodge meetings; here are five.
- Greet everyone when they arrive – Have the lodge officers come early, line up and make those attending feel genuinely welcome.
- Have a brother with an interesting profession or story present a program – We sometimes forget that there is a wealth of knowledge among our brethren.
- Talk to each other – Plan for time so that the brethren can just sit around and get to know one another.
- Pay particular attention to new brothers – Make sure they are introduced, include them in casual conversations and find out why they became Masons and what they hope to accomplish.
- Find the “Bright Spots” – If you have challenges as a lodge approach them in a positive manner and emphasize what’s right and work together to fix what’s wrong.
If you want some more ideas for lodge programming here is a link to some on The Grand Lodge of Michigan’ site.